Competition Law is an important sphere of law in India and abroad. More than 120 nations across the world had enacted their competition laws which are given different names including anti-trust laws and fair trade laws. India had enacted its Competition Law in 2002. The Competition Commission of India had started working from 2008 and presently deal with anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominant positions and combinations. Competition law is taught in NLU, Jodhpur both as an optional subject also as Business Law Honors subject.
The Centre for Competition Law and Policy will be created as an initiative to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of competition law and policy making. Competition law issues also involve developments in the fields related to sectoral regulators. So the centre will promote interdisciplinary research in the field of regulatory laws in India. The Centre will provide a forum where leading practitioners and academician, scholars and students, can discuss and exchange views on contemporary issues of competition law and policy. The Centre will establish an institution of excellence in research and teaching concerning competition law and policy.
The major activities of the Centre will be as follows.
- Work on research projects in the field of competition law and policy and also interface with sectoral regulators in India – For that Competition Commission of India and other organizations will be contacted. National Law University, Jodhpur, has the strength of energetic students, strong IT infrastructure, and talented academicians who can accomplish the requirements of the projects.
- Have guest lectures scheduled within the National Law University, Jodhpur in the field of Competition law and policy, mostly from the Experts in the field, as there is lot of professional work carried on in the field of competition law and policy.
- Organize workshops within the NLU Campus, on subjects related to Competition law and policy, and contemporary issues, on which academic inputs are required.
- Get publications made out of the research projects accomplished in the field of competition law and policy in India.
- Develop Working paper series where issues relating to competition law and policy will be addressed. The contribution of scholars in the area will be published and cater to the needs of practitioners, professionals and stakeholders who deal with competition law and policy in India.
Competition Law Cirque-Issue-1
Competition Law Cirque – Call For Papers (Issue-I)
Lecture on Criminal Sanction in respect of cartels
Brief biodata of John Pheasant
CCI Meeting on KPI
Lecture on Abuse of Dominance
Lecture of John Pheasant
Lecture of Justice SN Dhingra
Brief biodata of Mr. Manas Choudhuri
News:Lecture of Mr. Manas Choudhuri
Lecture of Mr. Manas Choudhuri
Brief biodata of John Pheasant
News:Lecture by John Pheasant on 24th January, 2014
Lecture of John Pheasant Dominance
Launch of Competition Law Cirque
Lecture on Merger Review in India : Issues and Challenges by Yaman Verma
Profile of Yaman Verma
Report on :Merger review in India, Issues and Challenges
Presentation :Merger Review in India
Proposal for Guest Lecture By Rahul Satyan
Lecture by Rahul Satyan
|Prof. I.P. Massey
||: Executive Director
|Mr. Anand Kumar Singh